Ive bought a bus and need help converting it please :-)

General PSV related chat. This may includes repair questions, insurance for your bus etc.

Ive bought a bus and need help converting it please :-)

Postby cindy on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:21 am

I have put this post in the newbie section too, so sorry to duplicate.

Ive just bought a bus and i need help please! :-)

Im a young-ish girl with a bit of a dream to have a party bus business! I found the bus a friend of a friend was selling it, got a bargain! Its a 1983 double decker atlantean leyland - i think! i actually have no clue what so ever about buses/engines or anything like that! I will do my PSV ( can currently drive it backwards and forwards up and down the yard!) but for the business venture i will hire a driver as i will be the hostess!

Im not a complete blonde though i have drawn up a very viable business plan and have many ideas - it is now just converting it and getting it on the road.

I need to have it sprayed/wrapped - Any ideas on which is better? It is currently wrapped as it was used to advertise a club before.

I need it converting inside - currently it looks like a normal bus. I am struggling to find information on the converting. I know most party buses have inward facing seats but i want to know what the actual laws are on this, with regards to safety etc?

I also need to find a company to insure it if anyone can reccomend?

Anyone with any experience of party buses i would love any feedback, as you can see this is all a bit new!

Thanks in advance! :-)

Cindy.
cindy
Learner PSV driver

Return to Bus stop